Welcome to King Adaptations Building Services Ltd
Our Clients
Disabled Adaptations
Image Gallery
Disabled Adaptations

Grant awards

King Adaptations Building Services Ltd is a "Local Authority approved building contractor" working in the north west / west / south west and south London area.

All borough councils offer a Disabled Facility Grant (DFG) or a Home Improvement Grant which is awarded to a client in modifying their homes should they be elderly, disabled or do not have the full funds to accommodate such necessary work.

Our work involves frequent dialogue with Chartered Surveyors, Occupational Therapists (OT's) and Housing Officers within Borough Councils or their agencies.

The types of work that we can assist with, include:
- Measures to make it easier to get into and out of the dwelling by, for example:

  • Modification of doors and doorways for disabled access (i.e. door widening)
  • Installation of disabled access wheelchair ramps

- Works to ensure the safety of the disabled person and other occupants by, for example:

  • Installation of disabled access toilets and bathrooms (level access shower rooms / wet rooms)
  • Improving or providing a heating system suitable to the needs of the disabled person
  • Adapting heating or lighting controls to make
    them easier to use

- Improving access and movement around the home to enable the disabled person to care for another person who lives in the property, for example:

  • Stair lifts (note stair lifts are contracted to a specialist company) 
  • Installation of handrails and handles
  • Providing a downstairs bathroom

What is a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)?

If you or someone in your home is disabled, then you may qualify for help towards the cost of providing adaptations and facilities, so that the disabled person can continue to live safely and conveniently in their home. These grants are provided by your local council, on behalf of the Government.

You should contact your Social Services Department, Housing or Environmental Health Department of your local council or a Home Improvement Agency if one works in your local area, for more information or to see whether you or someone living with you in your home might be eligible.

Applications for grant assistance will generally be dealt with by the Housing or Environmental Health Department of your local council.

Privately Funded works

We also offer disabled alterations for individuals who are not eligible in receiving government assisted grants.

Work is often received by Local Authority recommendations’ to private individuals, based on their list of ‘approved builders’. This is usually when a Disabled Facility Grant (DFG) application or Home Improvement application is not approved and when a private individual is looking to fund a disabled alteration independently.


Get in touch

Whether you are interested in general building work,refurbishment, extension builds or disabled alterations for your, or someone else’s home, please feel free in contacting us. You can:

Talk to us: 01344 884723 or 07903 237314

Drop us an email: tony.king@kingadaptations.co.uk

Or, write to us: 91 Blackmoor Wood, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 8EL